Board of Trustee: TiE Global
Mahavir Sharma, a serial entrepreneur is part of umpteen businesses and social organizations, and exudes passion in angel investing, leadership and mentoring, After schooling at Xavier’s and college in Jaipur, he went to the US and worked in the international trading market for 6 years.
He has in these last 29 years successfully founded or co-founded many start ups:-
1) Oscar Expo Design LLP- Manufacturing and exports of Carpets and Silver Jewelry (www.oscarexpo.com).
2) Swishin Events LLP- An Event Management, Marketing and PR firm (www.swishin.in) which creates events par excellence and is part of the founding team of many flagship events in Jaipur.
3) Jaipur Kaleen park Ltd (JKPL)- A group of carpet manufactures, developing an Industrial park, which is a first ever Eco-friendly and non-polluting carpet and textile park near Jaipur.
4) Hari Om Decor- Or S. Raja (www.sraja.in) started with 2 fellow exporters, a chain of retail floor coverings store across India.
5) RAIN-With fellow charter members in Rajasthan he has become an integral part of an angel investor network of Rajasthan, RAIN (www.rainjaipur.co.in). And he is a mentor and director on many investments like Organic Shop (p) Ltd (www.organicshop.in) and 10 more start-ups lately.
6) Mata Media & Mktg LLP- Bulk mobile telecom provider, Market research and online Mktg company, which also has an online and a print format fortnightly youth magazine- Changing Tomorrow- ChaT (www.changingtomorrow.in).
7) Director at Art Summit India P Ltd. (www.jaipurartsummit.in) a non-profit to support and promote visual arts.
8) Launching a high-end 5 star private club in Jaipur under the name of Club Konnect (www.clubkonnectjaipur.com)
9) Elected the 1st Vice chairman and Chairman elect of Carpet Export Promotion Council (www.indiancarpets.com) he along with his other team members will market and promote Indian handmade carpets across the globe.
By being the founder member of TiE Rajasthan and the past president, he has promoted the values of TiE and Entrepreneurship in Rajasthan. He has been Global Trustee for 4 years from 2011 to 2014 and has not only represented Rajasthan, but also India on world’s largest non-profit that promotes Entrepreneurship.
In the past he has also been:- with Jaipur Virasat Foundation (www.jaipurvirasatfoundation.org) in various roles, and President, Rajasthan Carpet Manufacturers and Exporters Association.
Last year, India’s startup landscape (especially eCommerce) saw a slowdown in funding by investors along with cash crunch and valuation cuts. What are the real factors on why investors are holding back on funding startups and ventures alike. Some of the key questions to discuss: What has changed? What are investors looking for? Are there […]